Weddings – more info
The church accommodates 160 guests comfortably. If you are planning a larger number, please call us to discuss options.
The following packages include the use of the church for one rehearsal, the ceremony itself and for one hour before and after the ceremony:
• Standard wedding including church flowers: $1500
• Standard wedding including church flowers and organist: $1700
• Standard wedding including church flowers, organist and choir: $2100
• Use of church hall, kitchen and fridge: $200
• Offsite wedding including minister and wedding preparation: $500
• Non-refundable deposit (required to confirm date and deducted from your total cost): $200.
• If cleaning is needed after the wedding you will be invoiced to cover this. (Please note there is to be no confetti/rice or rose petals scattered in the church or around the church grounds).
Making a booking
Bookings must be made at least three months in advance and are subject to the church being available. Please contact the office to discuss your plans and set the process in motion.
If you decide to get married at St Swithun’s, we will ask you:
• to attend one of our Sunday services and consider becoming a member
• to meet with one of our ministry team to talk about your marriage and book the date of your wedding
• to meet the same minister several times to explore the Christian perspective on marriage and discuss issues that will help prepare not only for your ceremony but also your life together
• to consider attending a pre-marriage preparation course
• to hold a wedding rehearsal prior to the wedding day
You are welcome to contact the office to discuss your ideas and plans without any obligation to proceed to the next step. Phone 9488 7377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org